CARPET CLEANING & CARE
When you buy one of our carpets you have invested in a durable product, but regular cleaning is still highly recommended.
- Regular vacuuming of the carpets prevents dust particles from sticking.
- Although beating the carpets is a little more time-consuming than vacuuming, it is worth it against more stubborn dirt.
- Due to the natural coloring of vintage carpets, sunlight can cause the colors to fade slightly, which gives the carpet character and life. If you do not want this, protect it from direct sunlight.
- If something should go wrong and a visible stain is visible, as a first aid, dab the stain carefully with an absorbent cloth and some warm water until it is no longer visible on the carpet.
- Are these stubborn carpet stains? In the following we will give you some simple household remedies that should be tried out before professional cleaning.
- DIY Tip: To make sure that the paint does not peel off with the suggested methods, test it beforehand on an inconspicuous spot.
- Salt: Spread it all over the carpet and vacuum it after a few hours.
- Detergent: Dab the carpet stain with an absorbent cloth and warm water - if necessary mixed with detergent. Give the carpet some time to soak in before you try to rub the stain out.
- Glass cleaner: Apply a dosed amount to the stain, let it work for a short time and then dab with water.
- Classic gall soap: Apply the moistened gall soap to the stain, leave to work for about 20-30 minutes and then remove with a moistened cloth.
- For more specific stains, such as red wine stains or chocolate stains, explain how to apply the correct technique in this blog post
- If a persistent stain is still visible, please contact us or contact a professional carpet cleaning company.